Workflow and Process Automation are one of our specialties at Poeta Digital. We explain workflow and process automation, its benefits and how to set it up. Keep reading to learn how to improve your business efficiency and productivity.
Here are our Top Six benefits of automation:
- Reduce Operating Costs: Workflow and process automation work to minimize human errors and reduce the turnaround time, reducing operating costs.
- Reduce Repetitive Tasks: Eliminate paperwork, accelerate digital transformation, and maximize productivity by automating almost any business process (Nintex).
- Automated Document Management: Quickly and easily create consistent, compliant, up-to-date digital documents. Automatically send files for redlining, approval, e-signature, and storage (Nintex).
- Real-time Analytics: Establish a culture of continuous process improvement by monitoring workflow performance and discovering data-driven, actionable insights (Nintex).
- Reduced Errors: Automating tasks will reduce errors caused by manual entry while also increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Policy Compliance Adherence: Automating business processes will ensure that policies are adhered to as they will be integrated into the workflow process.
In addition to these top six, workflow automation systems are also flexible as they can be edited to adapt to business needs and growth. Once workflow automation systems are put in place and operating, managers can access tools like reporting, dashboards and measure KPIs.
So now you know about workflow and process automation and its top benefits, but how do you set up a workflow automation system?
- Map Existing Processes: First, understand your existing workflow processes. Map out how your process structure currently looks and who tasks are assigned to. You can use a visual process mapping software for this. Think of the mindmaps you would make in grade school. When doing this step, also consider substeps, parallels and loops that might exist.
- Identify Inefficient Processes: After looking at your workflow processes, notice which ones cause bottlenecks that could be solved through automation. Which processes would provide the most value if automated? Where are identifiable gaps, flaws, or redundancies?
- Automate Business-Critical Processes: Slowly go through one manual process at a time and build an effective and efficient workflow that addresses business processes and policy compliance. Make sure that processes are assigned to an owner who will be responsible for that step.
- Analyze & Improve: Analyze the data regarding workflow performance, define a benchmark for success to create KPIs and measure the success of those KPIs often.
- Take it One Step Further: Talk to a team of experts, like Poeta Digital, to explore the work of automation and integrations to build systems that will better serve your business. This can increase efficiency, accuracy, productivity while saving you time and money.
Reach out to our team of experts if you want to discuss creative solutions to your unique business challenges. We love a good puzzle!
Do you want to see practical examples of workflow automation? Here are three fundamental case studies around projects we have developed around automation.